*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of my links, I may receive a commission or credit at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here*
I have been experimenting with freezer cooking for almost FOUR years now. I was initially drawn to freezer cooking because everyone I read about said that...
- Freezer cooking saved tons of time on a typical weeknight
- Freezer cooking saved money by helping deter eating out
- Freezer cooking helped establish a meal routine that cut down on household chaos
I have found that all of these things have proven true! I love freezer cooking and after four years of working at it, I have learned how to make it work for me and my family.
Freezer cooking has been worked into my typical meal prepping weekly cycle and it has been absolutely amazing. I love meal prepping so much I actually wrote a whole post about why it matters.
Anyway, when I first learned about freezer cooking, I was lost. I freeze what? For how long? And why?
I did my research and learned that this was something I could and should actually do. My research took a long time though. I would piece together bits and pieces of articles in hopes to learn how to freezer cook the best way possible.
Though I eventually got it, it took me much longer than I wanted. Once I finally invested in a complete cookbook, I was able to learn start to finish the best and most efficient process.
Here is the great thing though- some of these awesome and amazing books are FREE.
With my special link right here, you can get an absolutely FREE Kindle Unlimited Trial through Amazon.
You do NOT have to have a kindle to get this awesome deal! You can download your books on any mobile device! You can always have your favorite reads with you.
Kindle Unlimited in turn offers thousands of titles for free- including some of my absolute favorite freezer cookbooks! Yay!
- The Healthy Make-Ahead Cookbook: This cookbook is jam packed with healthy meals that are aimed to please the whole family! This book combines healthy meals with affordable ingredients, helping you save money on your grocery budget, score! Did I mention it is FREE with that awesome Kindle Unlimited trial? Woohoo!
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Easy Freezer Meals: I love this find because it is truly a start to finish guide! This book comes with over 120 recipes but ALSO includes step by step instructions on how to make sure your food is properly stored and packaged. This is a must have if you don't want to be throwing away food all the time.
- 33 Quick and Easy Make Ahead Meals: Hey oh! This book is also hella free with the Kindle Unlimited trial! You will find over 30 recipes for freezer cooking and awesome tips and tricks on how to save time and money by batch cooking!
- The Make-Ahead Kitchen: 75 Slow-Cooker, Freezer, and Prepared Meals for the Busy Lifestyle: This cookbook has awesome reviews on Amazon and covers everything from breakfast to dessert. The variety of recipes in this book will be sure to please everyone in your family. This cookbook also includes slow cooker and easy meal prepping ideas that don't require a freezer.
- The Make Ahead Vegan Cookbook: I am intimidated by all things vegan if I am being honest. The thought of giving up cheese makes me shudder; BUT I know many people who swear by the lifestyle. If you are in need of some freezer friendly vegan recipes this will be sure to please! With over 120 recipes, this cookbook will keep you on your toes!
- Crockpot Freezer Meals: This is one of my personal favorites! This is a double time saving gem! Combining freezer cooking and slow cooker meals this book provides helpful tips and tricks and recipes that will save you HOURS in the kitchen. Oh yes, it sure is free with the Kindle Unlimited Trial here!
- Don't Panic Dinner is in the Freezer: This was my first every freezer cookbook purchase! It helped me take my pieces of knowledge and put them together to get real time and money saving results! I love the recipes in this book and constantly refer back to it when I don't remember how to freeze something. This book has all sorts of recipes- everything from breakfast to dessert, you won't be bored.
Those are my absolute favorites- I want to hear your favorite freezer cooking resources too! Comment below to share your favorite resources to help your fellow preppers :)