*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of my links, I may receive a commission or credit at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here*
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of my links, I may receive a commission or credit at no additional cost to you.*
you won't have to pull recipes out of thin air
I get SO tired of planning new and exciting meals for my family! I love trying new things but sometimes I do not have the time to do all of this research. I realized, maaaaaybe there are some people out there like me who want to do cool things but don't quite have the time to pull these cool things out of thin air.
So, I will do it for you.
Here is the menu for the week at my house.
Because these are brief descriptions and not full blown step by step recipes- feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions, I am here to help!
- Monday: Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Peas- Take a pound of ground beef and mix in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Shape the meat into patties. Usually one pound makes 3 medium sized patties. Put in pan that can go from stovetop to oven (ie- cast iron) to save dishes! Sear your patties for about 2 minutes per side. In a small bowl mix one can cream of mushroom and one can french onion soup, set aside. Drain any excess grease from the pan. Cover with soup mixture and put in the oven for about 15 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and steamable peas!
I found a ridiculous deal on a set of cast iron pans here! These are incredibly handy because they easily go from stovetop to oven AND they give your food a nice seared flavor you can only get with cast iron
Grab a heck of a deal on cast iron here!.
- Tuesday: Veggie Calzones at Puccini's- Woohoo! We had delicious calzones at Puccini's (an adorable local pizza place). My dream is to one day be able to recreate their ranch dressing. I would like to put it on literally everything.
Even though I skipped all work and went out to dinner, I will not leave you without a recipe here, I promise.
Sometimes I make my own calzones using this amazing recipe. It is an awesome 30 minute meal using semi homemade ingredients- my favorite!
- Wednesday: Meatball Subs- There are few things more simple than this. Grab a bag of frozen Italian style meatballs and plop them in your crockpot. Cover with one jar of marinara and about 1/2 cup diced onions (bonus points for using frozen chopped onions!). I like to spice up my jarred sauce with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of fresh black pepper. YUM. Serve on sub buns or garlic bread and cover with mozzarella or parmesan cheese. YAS.
Grab my favorite crockpot here!
- Thursday: Freezer Lasagna- I bribe my friends with pasta. This night I bribed them with my deeelicious lasagna, and let me tell ya, they came running! You can get the full recipe here!
- Friday: Caesar Salads with Grilled Chicken- Again, so simple but so delicious! On Sunday I chop the romaine lettuce up and make the marinade for our chicken. Usually for just the hubs and I we share a large chicken breast. I let the chicken marinade in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Perfect. If you are really feeling fancy, add a couple squeezes of fresh lemon juice. Delicious.
- Saturday: LEFTOVERSSSS- Always plan a day to have leftovers! We love leftovers and frequently take them for lunch when we can. Sometimes, we still have leftovers for dinner one night. This requires exactly zero effort and prevents waste! Double win.
- Sunday: Salmon and Veggies- Sundays I usually try to plan something simple. This week I chose frozen salmon with steamable veggies. Season your salmon any way you like it and cook at 425 for 15ish minutes. I always eye ball it because each cut is different. When the fish is easily flaking with a fork, you are set! Throw whatever vegetables you have left over from the week and steam them up.
There you have it! Simple but delicious.
Tell me what you think about this menu or any questions you can think of!